My Academic Career

I earned my B.A. in Organizational Management. By the time I was finishing my last class I didn't care if it was a B.A. in Zoology. I just wanted to finish. Now, I am starting my Masters In Business Administration in the Fall of 2007. Not my first subject of choice, but it is being paid for by my employer. It could also provide additional earnings, and is not totally unintersting to me. I should be getting my masters in Economics, but the program isn't friendly to those that are employed full time.

I think if I could go back and do it all over again, I would major in English Lit, and minor in Applied Math and History. In my middle age, I have learned the importance of being well-rounded, and and the value of quantitative skills. I feel like I could pretty much teach myself anything, but the classroom setting provides such great accountability.

No comments: